arielMIS’s DMCA compliance process
arielMIS’s policy is to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). Copyright-infringing materials found on any website controlled or operated by arielMIS can be identified and removed via arielMIS’s DMCA compliance process.
If you believe in good faith that an arielMIS hosted website has infringed your copyright(s), you can request that we take down the infringing material(s) by following the steps in this DMCA compliance process. Please note that we do not make any legal decisions about the validity of your claim.
When a clear and valid Notice is received pursuant to the guidelines set forth below, we will respond by either taking down the allegedly infringing content (“Allegedly Infringing Content”) or blocking access to it. We may contact the Notice provider to request additional information.
a. Filing a DMCA Notice
To file a DMCA Notice with arielMIS, you must send us a written letter by regular mail or email. We reserve the right to ignore a Notice that is not in compliance with the DMCA.
Your Notice must:
- Identify specifically the copyrighted work(s) you believe has/have been infringed (for example, “An authorized example of my copyrighted work is an image that appears at [list URL where material is located].”);
- Identify and describe the Content that you claim is infringing on your copyrighted work.
- You must provide information reasonably sufficient to enable us to locate the item on the Site, please provide the URL(s) of the allegedly infringing material that you are asking us to remove. You should provide clear screenshots of the Allegedly Infringing Materials (this is for identification purposes only, not to “prove” your claims). The information provided should be as detailed as possible;
- Provide information sufficient to permit us to contact you directly: your name, street address, telephone number, and email (if available);
- If possible, provide information sufficient to permit us to notify the Alleged Infringer (email address preferred);
- Include the following statement: “I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”;
- Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”;
- The Notice must be signed;
- The Notice must be sent to our DMCA designated agent at the following address:
5757 Central Avenue, Suite C
Boulder, Colorado 80301
b. Filing a Counter-Notice
If your material has been removed or blocked by us as a result of a DMCA Notice, you may send us a Counter-Notice pursuant to Sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the DMCA asking for the Allegedly Infringing Material to be restored. To file a DMCA Counter-Notice with us, you must send us a written letter by regular mail or email.
When we receive the Counter-Notice, we will send a copy of the Counter-Notice to the party who originally requested the removal of the Allegedly Infringing Material and we will reinstate the Allegedly Infringing Material, unless that party obtains a court order supporting removal of the Allegedly Infringing Material. We reserve the right to ignore a Counter-Notice that is not in compliance with the DMCA.
Your Counter-Notice must:
- Describe and list all material(s) that were removed by arielMIS and the location at which the material(s) appeared before it/they was/were removed. Please provide the specific profile or other unique identifying information so that we may have reasonably sufficient information to identify the item(s). The information provided should be as detailed as possible;
- Provide your name, address, telephone number and email address (if available);
- State that you consent to the jurisdiction of the U.S. Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or Boulder County, Colorado if your address is outside of the United States);
- State that you will accept service of process from the person (or an agent of such person) who provided the DMCA Notice to us.
- Include the following statement: “I swear under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material identified above was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.”
- The Counter-Notice must be signed.
- The Counter-Notice must be sent to our DMCA designated agent at the following address:
2400 Central Avenue, Suite B
Boulder, Colorado 80301