CYBER-SECURITY – Presented by Bob McCool of arielMIS, Inc.Date/Time: October 30, 2018 / 8:30 am - 9:30 am
Cyber-security is the protection of systems connected to the Internet including computers, mobile devices network hardware, data and software from cyber-based attacks. Join us for an eye opening presentation by Bob McCool of arielMIS,Inc and learn how to protect your business from a cyber attack!
Cyber Security Statistics
- 43 percent of cyber attacks target small business.
- Only 14 percent of small businesses rate their ability to mitigate cyber risks, vulnerabilities and attacks as highly effective.
- 60 percent of small companies go out of business within six months of a cyber attack.
- 48 percent of data security breaches are caused by acts of malicious intent. Human error or system failure account for the rest.
- Small businesses are most concerned about the security of customer data
Bob McCool – President/CEO of arielMIS,Inc
After developing some of the earliest LAN systems while with Johns Manville in the mid-1980s to managing enterprise systems for Ernst & Young, Bob transitioned from purchasing to an IT career. He moved from Georgia to Colorado in 1994 and worked as a Computer Support Specialist for the City of Boulder, developing and implementing IT solutions for many challenges facing the city.
Bob co-founded Ariel Design Group in 1996. He merged the company with Marshall Information Service in 2006, and along with that company’s founder, Cam Marshall, deliberately shifted the company from the prevalent “break-fix” IT support model to a managed IT services provider, one of the first in the area. As CEO of arielMIS, Bob personally handles many of the challenging escalated issues, especially those related to system integration and developing Cloud solutions.
Bob and his wife Daryl (owner of d.a.m. Cool Graphics) live in Superior, Colorado with their son. In his spare time, Bob stays active with his son’s sports and enjoys golf, snowboarding and mountain biking.